Monday, April 23, 2007

Cry of the Lame

I'm such a lame blogger. I should be here every minute, pouring out my impressions and insights, but what do I do instead? Read books, watch films, drink sake, write books ...

But I am a web veteran -- I was a webmaster back in '97 and landed my first dot-com job in '98. Worked 'til the crash. So I'm no technophobe. Maybe it's just a personal backlash. I'm also not a terribly consistent poster on the two message boards I frequent, Ninja Dojo and Samurai Archives Citadel. Oh well.

I'm heading down to San Francisco this week for the San Francsico International Film Festival. I'll be posting stuff about that, as well as writing a piece on it for the Asian Reporter. Watch this space.

In the meantime, here are some interesting things that have drifted through my transom of late:

Cherry Blossom Eiga - Very cool Japanese cult film site.
Nikko Edo Mura - The samurai theme park I must visit next time I'm in Japan.
Hiroyuki Sanada Enthusiast - All things Hiroyuki Sanada including clips from Danny Boyle's Sunshine, which features this coolest of cool Japanese actors.
Voice of Gojira: Remembering Akira Ifukube - Good piece on one of the most prolific film composers of all time.
Asia Shock review - Gratifying piece courtesy of the good people at The Thunder Child.

No comments: